Rising Pianists Competition
- Date: Sunday May 17, 2020
- Time: All day
- Location: Simsmore Square - 540 Hopmeadow Street, Simsbury CT
- Chair: Sima Brodsky
- DEADLINE: Sunday April 19, 2020, postmarked; students print out registration form and send it with the check to the address provided on the form.
PLEASE NOTE: Students participating in the Virtuoso Pianists Competition will not be eligible to participate in Rising Pianists Competition.
- Mail payment to: 110 Ferncliff Dr. W. Hartford, CT 06117
- Open to piano students of Hartford Music Teachers Alliance Members in grades 2 to 12.
- Students compete within their grade level.
- Winners are chosen in each grade by the judges.
- Registration deadline: April 19th, 2020, POSTMARKED
- Competition Fees (non-refundable): Grades 2 to 5: $25; Grades 6 and 8: $30; Grades 9 and 12: $35
- Repertoire Requirements
- Students perform one piece of their choice or a selection of pieces by the same composer within the time limits.
- All music must be original piano music, no arrangements or simplifications are permitted.
- All music must be performed from memory.
- Entrants must provide printed scores for the judges, with (optional) measure numbers marked at the beginning of each system.
- Time limits are as follows: Grades 2-5: up to 5 minutes; Grades 6-8: up to 7 minutes; Grades 9-12: up to 10 minutes.