Virtuoso Pianists Competition
- Date: Sunday April 28, 2019
- Time: All day
- Location: Simsmore Square - 540 Hopmeadow Street, Simsbury CT
- Chair: Malgosia Lis
- DEADLINE: Friday April 5, 2019, postmarked; students print out registration form and send it with the check to the address provided on the form.
PLEASE NOTE: Students participating in Rising Pianists Competition will not be eligible to participate in Virtuoso Pianists Competition.
- Registration fees: Group 1 - $30; Group 2 - $35; Group 3 - $40; Group 4 - $45; Group 5 - $50.
- The competition is open to students of HMTA members.
- The Competition is open to students in grades 3 to 12.
- Students will compete within their age group within set time limits:
- Group 1: grades 3 and 4, 6 minutes
- Group 2: grades 5 and 6, 8 minutes
- Group 3: grades 7 and 8, 11 minutes
- Group 4: grades 9 and 10, 13 minutes
- Group 5: grades 11 and 12, 15 minutes
- Competition takes place all day, the schedule will be sent to teachers 10 days before the competition day.
- Registration deadline is April 5th, 2018, POSTMARKED.
- Competition is closed to the public.
- Winners Concerts: May 5th; location TBA.
- Winners of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, as well as Honorable Mentions, will be chosen in each group.
- Teachers will be notified by email of results on the evening of April 29th. The results will also be posted online the same evening.
- All age groups will perform TWO contrasting pieces from two different periods within allowed time limit.