Virtuoso Pianists Competition
- Date: Sunday April 26, 2020
- Time: All day
- Location: Simsmore Square - 540 Hopmeadow Street, Simsbury CT
- Chair: Malgosia Lis
- DEADLINE: Wednesday April 1, 2020, postmarked; students print out registration form and send it with the check to the address provided on the form.
PLEASE NOTE: Students participating in Rising Pianists Competition will not be eligible to participate in Virtuoso Pianists Competition.
- The competition will take place on April 26th.
- Teachers will be notified by email of results on the evening of April 28th. The results will also be posted online the same evening.
- All age groups will perform TWO contrasting pieces from two different periods within allowed time limit. Please note, only original piano pieces are allowed (no arrangements). No method books literature is allowed.
- Registration fees: Group 1 - $30; Group 2 - $35; Group 3 - $40; Group 4 - $45; Group 5 - $50.
- The competition is open to students of HMTA members.
- The Competition is open to students in grades 3 to 12.
- Students will compete within their age group within set time limits:
- Group 1: grades 3 and 4, 6 minutes
- Group 2: grades 5 and 6, 8 minutes
- Group 3: grades 7 and 8, 11 minutes
- Group 4: grades 9 and 10, 13 minutes
- Group 5: grades 11 and 12, 15 minutes
- The competition takes place all day, the schedule will be sent to teachers 10 days before the competition day.
- Registration deadline is April 1st, 2020, POSTMARKED.
- Competition is closed to the public.
- Winners Concerts: May 2nd or 5th 2020 at 4 PM and 6 PM; location Trinity College, Austin Arts Center - 300 Summit St, Hartford.
- Winners of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes, as well as Honorable Mentions, will be chosen in each group.