Spring Festival - Solo Division
- Date: Sunday March 8, 2020
- Time: All day
- Location: TBA
- Chair: Elaine Silbereis
- DEADLINE: Saturday February 8, 2020, postmarked; students print out registration form and send it with the check to the address provided on the form.
- The festival is a non-competitive, adjudicated event open to pianists, as well as all instrumentalists, and vocalists.
- All participants may enter the Solo Division and/or the Ensemble Division.
- All participants will perform in a recital setting. Each performer will be assigned to one of the many recitals taking place throughout the day.
- Performers may prepare one piece of their choice, or a set of shorter pieces by the same composer. It is recommended that each performance does not exceed 7 minutes.
- Each student performance must be within the specified time limit:
- Group 1: Grades K-5 - up to 5 minutes Group 2: Grades 6-8 - up to 7 minutes Group 3: Grades 9-12 - up to 10 minutes
- All participants will receive written comments from the judges.
- Students may request a morning or afternoon playing time. Time requests submitted after registration deadline will not be accommodated.
- Repertoire may be chosen from the four major musical periods, i.e. Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20/21st Centuries.
- Piano solo repertoire must be performed by memory. There is no memory requirement for solo instrumentalists and vocalists.
- All piano repertoire performed must be in its original version: arranged and simplified versions are not acceptable. Greater flexibility is accorded to solo instrumentalists and to vocalists, as well as those participating in the Ensemble Division.
- An accompanist will be available to all instrumental and vocal participating students (for an additional cost of $5). Students must provide the accompanist with a copy of the music well in advance. The Festival does not schedule the rehearsal times with the accompanist; each individual participant is required to do so. The $30 fee covers the performance at the Festival PLUS ONE 15 minute rehearsal with the accompanist. Additional rehearsals can be arranged directly with the accompanist at his or her rate. In such cases the student is responsible for the accompanist payment directly. The names of available accompanists will be provided upon request.
- Registration Fee is $30.